Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Without Thee

John 15:5

"Without Thee"-Lord, Thy promise stands,
That all my work leaves empty hands.
It is Thyself, Thy life in me
That brings true blessings all can see.

My struggles,tears an wretched strife
Are part and parcel of my life
There is a peace, a power, a joy,
All waiting now me to employ.

How strange it is, in days gone by,
My Christian life was try and try.
Now, Lord, I've found the secret true,
Thy life in me lived through and through.

'Twas easy then to say the phrase
"God works in many wondrous ways."
But now, 'tis marvelous to see
God works His wonders out through me.

"Greater is He that in you lives"-
How great the promise that He gives.
His risen life, dynamic power,
Are mine to use through every hour.

I simply bring myself and stand
Safe in the hollow of His hand.
Untold delights and joys exist
In having all I so long missed.

He clothes Himself with such as me,
Puts on my frail humanity;
Then using me to do His will,
He can, in me, His work fulfill.

'Tis His responsibility,
His plan, His peace, His power-not me,
I rest in His abounding grace
And gaze with rapture on His face.

"Without Me-ye can nothing do"
Nothing-not one-Thy word is true.
How terribly we fail to see
Thy word which tells us- "Without Me."

I thought it meant-without Thy Will,
Without Thy help and yet, Lord,still
Thy word stands simple, clear and true-
Not without these-but without You.

Thou art the Truth, the Life, the Way.
"All power belongs to Thee," we say;
How simple, Lord, could we but see
It is not help we need- but Thee.

Then grant me, Lord, the grace to rest,
Quiet, confident,obedient, blest,
Believing all Thy promise true-
I can do all things, Lord-through You.

No comments: