Saturday, August 11, 2007

Learn to be lonely (Phantom of the Opera)

Child of the wilderness
Born into emptiness
Learn to be lonely
Learn to find your way in darkness
Who will be there for you
Comfort and care for you
Learn to be lonely
Learn to be your one companion
Never dreamed out in the world
There are arms to hold you?
You've always known
Your heart was on its own
So laugh in your loneliness
Child of the wilderness
Learn to be lonely
Learn how to love life that is lived alone
Learn to be lonely
Life can be lived
Life can be loved
Alone


The songs of Phantom of the Opera keep playing in my mind for the past few weeks. I searched back my CD collections and start to listen to the songs I like most-- The Phantom of The Opera. I love the ending song- 'Learn to be lonely'.

It speaks right into everyone's heart. It is undeniable that we have to learn to be lonely. Stepping into working world lets me discover that there are difference when I was studying compare to working now. People are more willing to share their thoughts and feelings while studying compare to working. We become more secretive and try to keep everything to ourselves, scared to expose our true self.

But God asks us to be true in our Christian life, to live every second that brings honour to Him. I know that I'm not alone in Christ. However, there are thousands and millions of people out there who live their life being lonely not only physically but emotionally.

Disappointments come, hardships occur... God says that it is through all these, we know how blessed we are and how God has brought and will bring us through. I can see problems as a way of God bringing me one step closer to knowing him. But, to those who don't understand.. disappointment is purely discouragement in their lives.

The call is there, to learn to serve and not to be served; to learn to comfort and not to be comforted; to learn to be a good listener to others..to learn to respect people... to learn to understand and be patient..to learn to be humble...

I pray that I may not be a Sunday Christian... but God may use me in my daily life to touch other's life. I want to be a living testimony... the road is narrow, hardship comes, disappointment appears but it's worth traveling when God is beside me always..

Be courageous, be strong.. my heart, my soul and my mind...do learn to listen to God's voice...may His peace surrounds you.. may you find joy in serving Him...

CHEERS!! :)

4 comments:

Jia said...

Yupz,
God is faithful and He is always there to walk us through all our ups and downs.

Take care!!

memory_Lane said...

hey joyce...

can lend me the CD ah? i'd like to listen to the song once again in context. or even better, do you have the VCD? ;)

keejoyce said...

Jia hui: yup, he's always faithful though we may find him not sometimes. take care too =)

memory lane: haha.. i have the CD only..tot of buying a new one.. coz not in good condition d... when you coming back ipoh? i'll lend it to u =)

memory_Lane said...

hello...i am in Ipoh. how about this sunday?