Monday, April 2, 2007

Have I given my best?

I think I struggle alot in lending my hands to those who need help. Many times, the desire to do what I have to is greater than to sacrifice my time and willingly help others. There are many testimonies in my life where I see my friends lending their hands to others though in small ways yet they do it out from their heart. They offer to fetch juniors who walk to uni though they are not that close with them, they care for people whom they know. I am intimidated by their action and start to ask myself whether I'm living out a good testimony for God. Maybe I think too much of myself, do I really need to think twice when helping people even in small ways? All these can only be done truthfully, automatically, out from my heart, when I understand God's word and His life on earth.

When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you? he asked them. " You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord', and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know this things, you would be blessed if you do them. (John 12:12-17)

My agony, ignorance may hinder me from really understand what God wants me to do on this earth. May He constantly remind me to humble myself, to serve and to love one another as he himself has shown when He was on earth. I pray that God may grant me a heart of compassion to love others rather than doing all these using my own strength. May He let me know that my life helps paint my neighbour's picture of God.

More like the Master I would live and grow,
More of His love to others I would show;
More self-denial, like His in Galilee,
More like the Master I long to ever be.

No comments: